Donation of Library Materials
Distribution of Publications
The Library distributes copies of its own
publications to domestic and foreign libraries and institutions.
The Library donates duplicate or non-registered
materials to libraries in culturally marginalized regions in order
to reduce the culture gap and promote a culture of reading.
Cooperative Network on Legal Information
- Strengthening the capability for providing support for the
National Assembly’s legislative activities through the
invigoration of legal information sharing and exchange between
experts by establishing a collaborative network among state
institutions handling legal information.
- Main activities
- The Korean Legal Information Council is operated to
strengthen the network of cooperation among legal information
- Academic conferences in conjunction with the Korea
Institute of Legislation and the National Council of University
Law Libraries in order to improve legal information services and
strengthen academic information networks.
- Development of curriculum and participation in courses in
order to enhance exchange and cooperation, and broaden the
expertise of legal experts.
Cooperative Network with Local Councils
- An agreement has been concluded to support the legislative
activities of local councils and build a cooperative network
between the National Assembly and local councils.
- Details : Sharing of legislative materials, provision of
the National Assembly Library’s resources, construction of a
- Statistics on Agreements Concluded with Local Councils :
92 metropolitan and provincial assemblies, and 17 district
councils (as of February 2020).
Procedures (written protocol)
- The Library runs a practical apprenticeship program for
university students who are studying library and information
science in order to enhance their competencies and qualifications
as information professionals.